[sr-dev] Releasing Kamailio v5.1.0

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
Hello,

with no relevant new bugs reported lately, it is time to fix the date
for releasing next major version, respectively Kamailio v5.1.0.

I am proposing Monday, December 11, 2018, as the release date for
v5.1.0, with a fallback option to next day, if a bit of time is still
needed.

Currently there are ongoing efforts to make rpm packaging a first class
citizen via docker and obs, credits to Sergey Safarov for it, and get
(auto-generated) reference list of Kemi functions, credits to Samuel
Förnes for it. In the next two weeks, they can get in good shape and
also do a bit more testing as well as update relevant tutorials.

Regarding Kemi exports, if you are using a module, check the master
branch version to see if it has any sr_kemi_t exports, if not, report it
in the case you want to try using the new config framework that allows
reloading routing logic script without restart (you will have to use
Lua, JavaScript or Squirrel scripting).

And of course, if you are aware of any problem not yet reported to the
bug tracker, open an issue as soon as possible to allow time to try to
fix it before the release:

  * https://github.com/kamailio/kamailio/issues

Cheers,
Daniel

--
Daniel-Constantin Mierla
Kamailio World Conference - May 14-16, 2018 - www.kamailioworld.com

Re: Releasing Kamailio v5.1.0

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
Hello,

short note to remind that the next major release is planned in one week
-- testing of branch 5.1 and improvements to documentation are very
appreciated!

Cheers,
Daniel

--
Daniel-Constantin Mierla
Kamailio World Conference - May 14-16, 2018 - www.kamailioworld.com

Re: Releasing Kamailio v5.1.0

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
Hello,

so far everything looks good, so if the last tests go fine today, I plan
to release v5.1.0 later in the afternoon (or if something unexpected
pops up, then the release will be tomorrow).

Therefore, in order to avoid conflicts during the build process, write
an email to sr-dev or catch me on irc channel for any commit to the code
in branch 5.1 after 12:00UTC. Once the release is announced, then
commits can go as usual to the stable branches.

Cheers,
daniel